Online casino bonuses are a key way casino sites convince players to sign up and make a deposit. Using a combination of bonus cash and free spins, the marketing department of USA online casinos gives away thousands of dollars each day to new players. Bonuses are the equivalent of sale prices for gamblers. Players must get lucky to withdraw bonus cash, but again — players get lucky every day.
Read our guide to bonus promotions to learn all you need to know about online casino bonuses. USA sites face huge competition for customers, so learn how to use that to your advantage. Compare different casino bonus types, learn how to use an online casino bonus, and follow our guide to collecting a bonus.
Types of USA Online Casino Bonuses
US online casinos offer a wide range of bonus promotions to players. Competition is fierce for customers, which works to the player’s advantage. Welcome bonuses and Bitcoin bonuses target new players, but the rest of these options are designed for ongoing players who’ve shown loyalty to the casino.
- Welcome Bonuses: Welcome bonuses are given to new players who sign up for an account, typically in the form of a match bonus that matches a percentage of the player’s initial deposit up to a maximum amount.
- Crypto Bonuses: Also known as Bitcoin bonuses, these are special promotions for players who use cryptocurrency to make their deposits, often with higher rewards than traditional welcome bonuses. Bitcoin Bonuses may or may not include free spins.
- Reload Bonuses: Reload bonuses are similar to welcome bonuses, but they are offered to existing players who have already made their initial deposit. They reward loyal customers. While reload bonuses might not be as big as welcome bonuses, they are redeemable many times.
- Free Spin Bonuses: These encourage new players to play featured slot games — often new-release slots or the most popular online slots. Players can cash out winnings from the free spins, though they often must clear a wagering requirement.
- No Deposit Bonuses: Real money casino cash is offered to players who sign up for a new account. Players don’t have to make a deposit when accepting these promotions.
- Table Game Bonuses: These are for players who prefer games like blackjack or roulette and can include cash bonuses or free chips. While the bonus isn’t as big, they are a boon to table game players. While video poker is not a table game, it’s often included in these offers.
- VIP Bonuses: VIP bonuses are exclusive promotions that online casinos offer to their most loyal players and high rollers. Perks include faster withdrawals, higher deposit limits, prizes and trips, and personal account managers.
- Referral Bonuses: Are given to players who refer their friends to the site. The referred player must usually make a deposit and wager a certain amount before the bonus is awarded. The bonus is usually a cash reward but might involve free spins or other rewards.
US Online Casinos: Comparing Welcome Bonuses to Reload Bonuses
|CASINO NAME||WELCOME BONUS||RELOAD BONUS|
|Big Spin Casino||$1000 at 200%||$2000 Weekend Reload Bonus at 250%|
|MyBookie Casino||$750 at 150%||$600 Weekend Bonus at 200%|
|XBet Casino||$500 at 200%||$1000 Weekend Reload Bonus at 100%|
Online Casino Bonus Code Tips
Knowing how bonus codes work helps you unlock a whole category of online gambling promotions. Read through the tips below before activating a bonus code. This will save you money that you’d otherwise lose through trial and error.
- Use Bonus Code First: Don’t accept the bonus and then use the code. Either input the code when accepting the bonus. Contact the casino staff if this isn’t possible.
- Use the Promotions Page: Once signed in, use the cashier or bonuses page to see the full list of bonus offers available. Sometimes, casinos offer special bonuses that aren’t on the standard promotions page.
- QR Codes for Mobile Players: Android and iOS players can scan a QR code to accept mobile casino bonuses.
- Contact Customer Support: If you have any other questions, contact casino staff using the live chat, email, or toll-free phone number.
How to Collect USA Online Casino Bonuses
US online casinos have a lot of competition for customers. To promote their brand and attract players, they offer lucrative casino bonuses to new and ongoing depositors, as well as new registrants. Here is how US players can access online casino bonuses.
- Log In or Sign Up: New players should sign up at a casino using the online registration form. Continuing players should log in to their accounts.
- Visit Bonuses Page: Next, click on the bonuses or promotions page. Look at the list of active bonuses and choose one that sounds best to you.
- Use Bonus Code or QR Code: Next, check to see if a bonus code is required. If so, place the bonus code in the input box. If you use mobile devices, scan the QR code.
- Clear the Requirement: Play applicable games until you clear the playthrough requirement. This is often 20x to 50x the bonus amount.
- Withdraw Winnings: If you still have bonus cash after you are cleared the requirement, go to the cashier page and request a withdrawal.
Online Casino Bonuses FAQ
How do online casino bonuses work?
Online casino bonuses are promotional cash given to players either to register for an account, make a first deposit, show loyalty, or make huge deposits as a high roller. They are a promotional tool used to tout the casino site and sway customers to use their site.
Online casinos need protection from bonus shoppers. To protect them, bonuses have wagering requirements. To withdraw the cash, players must wager the bonus a certain number of times. This is called the wagering requirement, the rollover, or the playthrough.
Can I withdraw my casino bonus?
Yes, but you must meet the wagering requirement. The rollover on these often is between 20x and 50x the bonus. If you receive a $100 bonus with a 20x requirement, then you must wager $2000 before making a withdrawal. If you play a slots game with a 5% house edge, you would expect to lose $5 for every $100 wagered.
Thus, you’d expect to lose $100 while clearing the wagering requirement. Given variance, roughly half of the players who accept a welcome bonus won’t have the cash to withdraw. The other half will. Players must get lucky if they want to withdraw bonus cash, but that’s the whole point of gambling.
Which is better: a no-deposit bonus, a welcome bonus, or a reload bonus?
It depends on your situation. A no-deposit bonus is best for players who want a shot at real money bonus winnings without risk, but signup bonuses are small. A welcome bonus is the most cash you’ll receive — especially if it’s a crypto bonus — but it is redeemable only one time.
Any single reload bonus isn’t as lucrative as a welcome bonus, but they often are redeemable many times. Often, casinos have weekly bonuses that apply each day of the week. A Monday bonus might be redeemable once a week, so it unlocks the most bonus money overall.