US online casinos want to appeal to every American who wants to play for real money. For that reason, casino sites support a huge array of banking methods. Outside of a few payment types, you can find a gambling site that supports your preferred type of deposit. The key is offering a banking method that a player uses most days, and which provides first-class security.
Below is a comprehensive guide to the most popular deposit methods in US online casinos. We divide the options according to broad payment options, starting with credit card deposits. Bitcoin casinos or crypto casinos accept the same payment methods, though they cater to crypto gamblers with big welcome bonuses and other promotions. Let’s start with credit card deposits.
Best US Online Casino Credit Card Deposits
US online casinos have gained immense popularity over the years, attracting a vast number of players who wish to try their luck at winning big. To make transactions easy and convenient for players, online casinos offer a variety of payment methods, including credit card options. Credit card payments are popular among players due to their ease of use and convenience. Four major credit card networks that are commonly used for deposits and withdrawals at US online casinos are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card.
- Visa Deposits: Visa is the largest credit card network in the Western world. It’s a payment method with most offline and online merchants and a favorite with Americans. Visa is widely accepted at almost every US online gambling site.
- MasterCard Casino Deposits: MasterCard is the second largest credit card network, so it’s no surprise that it’s accepted at the second most online casinos. Like Visa, it’s used by US online players to fund their accounts at most casinos.
- Amex Deposits: American Express is the third major network, offering great rewards and cashback. US online casino players should factor in the Amex rewards program when determining return-to-player percentages. American Express is available at some sites, mainly for deposits.
- Discover Casino Deposits: Discover Card is also available, but players may need to call their bank to allow international transactions. In this section, we will provide an overview of these credit card options and how they can be used for deposits and withdrawals at US online casinos.
More Visa, MasterCard, and Amex Deposit Methods
Online casinos accept several prepaid cards that have the Visa and MasterCard logo, while sites that accept American Express also have Amex deposits. The three methods are debit cards, prepaid cards, and gift cards. The three deposit types are similar but have certain differences.
Debit cards are linked to a bank account, while prepaid and gift cards are not. Prepaid cards are loaded with funds by the user, while gift cards have a fixed amount of funds preloaded. Prepaid cards can be reloaded with additional funds, while gift cards cannot. Gift cards are typically limited to specific retailers or merchants, while debit and prepaid cards can be used at any merchant that accepts them.
- Debit Card Casino Deposits: These are linked to a bank account and the funds are deducted directly from the account balance. Can be used to make purchases in-store or online, withdraw cash from ATMs, and pay bills. The user can spend only the available balance in their account. Often come with additional features such as cashback rewards or fraud protection.
- Prepaid Card Casino Deposits: Similar to debit cards, but the user loads funds onto the card before using it. Prepaid cards can be used to make purchases in-store or online, withdraw cash from ATMs, pay bills, or make casino deposits. The user can spend only the available balance on the card, which can be reloaded with additional funds, either online or at retail locations. Often used by people who don’t have a bank account or who want to limit their spending.
- Gift Card Casino Deposits: Typically given as a gift and can be used at specific retailers or merchants. Have a fixed amount of funds preloaded onto the card. Can be used to make purchases in-store or online at the designated retailer or merchant. The user can spend only the available balance on the card, which cannot be reloaded with additional funds, and often have an expiration date.
Cryptocurrency Deposits at US Online Casinos
Most of the top US online casinos accept cryptocurrency deposits. These include Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, and Ethereum. Less frequently, you’ll find crypto casinos that accept Bitcoin SV, Dash, Ripple, Dogecoin, and other altcoins. These payment methods use blockchain technology to give players the fastest, safest, most transparent, and most private way to fund their casino accounts.
- Bitcoin Casino Deposits (BTC): Bitcoin is the world’s first and most popular cryptocurrency. It was created in 2009 by an unknown person or group of people using the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto. Bitcoin operates on a decentralized network and uses blockchain technology to securely record transactions. Its key features include a limited supply (only 21 million bitcoins will ever be created) and a high level of security.
- Bitcoin Cash Casino Deposits (BCH): Bitcoin Cash is a cryptocurrency that was created in 2017 as a result of a hard fork from Bitcoin. It aims to improve Bitcoin by increasing the block size limit, which allows for more transactions to be processed per block. Bitcoin Cash has a larger block size than Bitcoin, which allows for faster transactions and lower fees.
- Litecoin Casino Deposits (LTC): Litecoin is a cryptocurrency that was created in 2011 by Charlie Lee, a former Google engineer. It was created as a lighter and faster alternative to Bitcoin. Litecoin uses a different hashing algorithm than Bitcoin, which allows for faster block times and lower transaction fees.
- Ethereum Casino Deposits (ETH): Ethereum is a decentralized platform that allows for the creation of smart contracts and decentralized applications (“dapps”). It was created in 2015 by Vitalik Buterin, a Canadian-Russian programmer. Ethereum uses its own blockchain and has its own cryptocurrency, called Ether. It is known for its programmability, which allows developers to build a wide range of applications on top of it.
- Bitcoin SV Casino Deposits (BSV): Bitcoin SV is a cryptocurrency that was created in 2018 as a result of a hard fork from Bitcoin Cash. It aims to restore the original vision of Bitcoin by increasing the block size limit even further than Bitcoin Cash. Bitcoin SV also aims to provide more stability and scalability than Bitcoin.
- Dash Casino Deposits (DASH): Dash is a cryptocurrency that was created in 2014 as a fork of Litecoin. It was originally called “Darkcoin” and was designed to provide greater privacy and anonymity than Bitcoin. Dash uses a two-tier network that allows for faster and more secure transactions.
- Ripple Casino Deposits (XRP): Ripple is a cryptocurrency that was created in 2012 by Ripple Labs. It is designed to facilitate fast and low-cost international money transfers. Ripple operates on a decentralized network and uses its own blockchain technology, called the Ripple Protocol Consensus Algorithm (RPCA).
- Dogecoin Casino Deposits (DOGE): Dogecoin is a cryptocurrency that was created in 2013 by Billy Markus and Jackson Palmer. It was originally created as a joke but has since become popular as a tipping currency and for charitable donations. Dogecoin is known for its fun and lighthearted branding, which features the Shiba Inu dog meme.
US Casino Sites That Accept Web Wallets, Vouchers, and Electronic Transfers
Traditionally, web wallets or e-wallets like Skrill and Neteller are some of the most popular deposit methods at online casinos. Vouchers like PaySafe Card, which now owns Skrill and Neteller, also are popular payment methods. Electronic payment services like PayPal and Zelle can be used for casino transactions, though only in certain jurisdictions outside the United States. Note that Venmo, Cash App, and Google Pay do not support online casino payments.
- Skill Deposits: Skrill is an e-wallet service that allows users to send and receive money online. It is particularly popular among online gamblers and traders, as it allows them to quickly and easily deposit and withdraw funds from their accounts. Skrill supports over 40 different currencies and offers a variety of features, including a prepaid Mastercard, instant transfers, and low fees.
- Neteller Casino Deposits: Neteller is another e-wallet service that allows users to send and receive money online. Like Skrill, it is popular among online gamblers and traders, as it offers fast and secure transactions. Neteller supports over 20 different currencies and offers a variety of features, including a prepaid Mastercard, instant transfers, and low fees.
- PaySafe Card Deposits: Paysafecard is a prepaid voucher service that allows users to make online payments without using a bank account or credit card. Users purchase a Paysafecard voucher with cash or other payment methods and use it to make online purchases. Paysafecard supports a variety of currencies and offers a high level of security and privacy. Users don’t need to share their personal or financial information online.
- Zelle Casino Deposits: In a few US casino sites, Zelle is a payment option — though it’s a bit tricky to use. Zelle is a digital payments network that allows users to send and receive money quickly and easily through their bank account. It’s free to use and transactions are processed within minutes. Zelle is supported by a wide range of banks and credit unions in the United States.
- PayPal Casino Deposits: PayPal is a popular online payment system that allows users to send and receive money through a digital wallet. It’s used for online shopping and e-commerce transactions, but can also be used for peer-to-peer payments. PayPal charges a fee for some transactions, but it’s free to use for sending money between friends and family.
- Western Union Deposits: Western Union is a money transfer service that allows you to send funds to the online casino using cash, credit card, or bank transfer. Some online casinos use Western Union, which has been in operation since the 1850s. It is a fast and convenient method, but there may be fees associated with it. Also, Western Union is not available in all countries.
US Casinos That Accept Bank Wires and E-Checks
US online casinos also accept various types of bank wires. These transfer money to a player’s account directly from their bank account. As a rule, these options have world-class security but take more time and cost a fee.
- Bank Wire Transfer: This payment method involves sending funds directly from your bank account to the online casino’s bank account. It is a safe and reliable method, but it can take a few days for the transaction to be processed. As with other methods on this list, it costs a fee to use bank wire transfers.
- Bank Cheque: This payment method involves writing a physical cheque and mailing it to the online casino. It is a relatively slow method, as it can take several days for the cheque to arrive and be processed. There may also be fees associated with this payment method.
- ACH (Automated Clearing House): ACH is an electronic payment system that allows you to transfer funds directly from your bank account to the online casino’s account. It is a fast and secure method, and there are usually no fees associated with it.
- Electronic Checks (E-Checks): This payment method allows you to transfer funds electronically using your bank account information. It is a fast and convenient method, but there may be fees associated with it.
- Money Orders: A money order is a payment order for a pre-specified amount of money. It can be purchased at a bank, post office, or other financial institution. It is a relatively slow payment method, as it can take several days for the money order to arrive and be processed.